Castle Lug(ge) is a 16th-17th century Medieval tower house possibly taking it's name from the Lugge family who were prominent at nearly Carrickfergus during those centuries, one of them being Burgess of the town. It may have been a fortified manor house or a defence building guarding the shore from Belfast against any would be attackers. Only a small section of the wall remains as well as a fireplace. In 1918 the then owner purchased a surplus forge from the army for his horses and placed it into the fireplace. Sitting back of the main road it is barely noticed compared to the much larger and more famous Carrickfergus Castle further down the road.