Not only does this oak tree host two small chapels, it is also more than 800 years old. In 1669 lightning struck the tree and cause a fire, hollowing out the trunk. A local abbot and village priest took it as a sign. They built Notre Dame de la Paix ("Our Lady of Peace") around the trunk of the tree. It was originally intended as a place of pilgrimage (August 15), devoted to the Virgin Mary. The second chapel, above, was added in later years.