Findery is hiring!
We’re a small team based in an awesome office in San Francisco’s Hayes Valley neighborhood and want to meet creative people eager to help others share the places that matter to them. We’re currently seeking an iOS Engineer, Senior Backend Engineer, and a QA Engineer. If you love Findery, get in touch. All of these positions are in our San Francisco office.
Founded by Caterina Fake – chairwoman of Etsy and co-founder of Flickr and Hunch – Findery lets people create, share, and discover notes about the places around them. We want to build something that millions of people will use and love. We want people to put our company name on their license plates; to make cakes with our logo on them; and to meet on Findery, fall in love, and live happily ever after. We’ve built something like this before, and it was one of the most fulfilling experiences of our lives. We’re doing it again.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for people who have a reputation for building cool things, a knack for learning and reaching just outside their comfort zone, and a passion for creating a virtual space that will foster real-world experiences. Finally, we’re hoping to hire people with the confidence to voice opinions and offer help, but have the humility to welcome opinions and ask for help.
Findery is seeking an iOS Developer to join our mobile team to collaborate with us on our iPhone and iPad apps. You’ll be working with our product, design, and engineering teams to build a delightful and immersive mobile experience for Findery. Email us at email@example.com.
- You have 2+ years of experience coding Objective-C and have something (code, an app, etc.) to show off.
- You sweat user experience details and know that native experiences are, above all, where polish counts!
- You can work with a big code base with other engineers (we use git) and communicate that work with both technical and non-technical folks.
- You like readable code, you are familiar with Cocoa and iOS best practices, and you stay up-to-date on iOS SDK improvements.
Findery is seeking an Android developer to own the Findery experience on Android. You’ll be working with our product, design, and engineering teams to develop and maintain our native Android app, currently in Beta. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have 2+ years of experience coding in Java using the Android SDK, and can share something great that you’ve built.
- You love and understand the Android user experience and can help craft an experience that feels right at home on Android.
- You can work with a big code base with other developers (we use Git) and communicate that work with both technical and non-technical folks.
At Findery, we build things fast -- purposefully too fast -- so that we can learn early on what our users want, and focus on those features. Focusing means finding bugs earlier and improving code iteratively. That’s where you come in. Findery is seeking a QA Engineer to help us design, build, and run our testing infrastructure for our web and mobile platforms. You’ll work with product and design teams to identify what to test, and with your fellow engineering team members to figure out how to test. You’ll build automated tools that improve our development model of continuous integration (commit, test, deploy), and you’ll have a unique opportunity to own QA processes across Findery’s web, mobile web, and iOS platforms. Email us at email@example.com.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a QA engineer. You know how to write and implement a comprehensive test plan that includes both front-end and backend tests.
- You are comfortable building continuous integration tools for web, iOS, and Android.
- You are able to build (ideally, you previously have built) a mobile device library against which our mobile code can be tested regularly.