Findery is hiring!
We’re a small team based in an awesome office in San Francisco’s Hayes Valley neighborhood and want to meet creative people eager to help others share the places that matter to them. We’re currently seeking Android developers and back-end web developers – if you love Findery, get in touch. All of these positions are in our San Francisco office.
Founded by Caterina Fake–chairwoman of Etsy and co-founder of Flickr and Hunch–Findery lets people create, share, and discover notes about the places around them. We want to build something that millions of people will use and love. We want people to put our company name on their license plates; to make cakes with our logo on them; and to meet on Findery, fall in love, and live happily ever after. We’ve built something like this before, and it was one of the most fulfilling experiences of our lives. We’re doing it again.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for people who have a reputation for building cool things, a knack for learning and reaching just outside their comfort zone, and a passion for creating a virtual space that will foster real-world experiences. Finally, we’re hoping to hire people with the confidence to voice opinions and offer help, but have the humility to welcome opinions and ask for help.
Plus, you oughta be fun to be around.
Findery is seeking an iOS developer to join our mobile team to collaborate with us on our iPhone and iPad apps. You’ll be working with our product, design, and engineering teams to build a delightful and immersive mobile experience for Findery. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have 2+ years of experience coding Objective-C and have something (code, an app, etc.) to show off.
- You sweat user experience details and know that native experiences are, above all, where polish counts!
- You can work with a big code base with other developers (we use git) and communicate that work with both technical and non-technical folks.
- You like readable code, you are familiar with Cocoa and iOS best practices, and you stay up-to-date on iOS SDK improvements.
Findery is seeking a backend developer to help with our zeroes and ones–our RESTful API, our databases, our search, and more. You’ll be working to build a scalable site focused on social media, relationships, and geo. You’ll work with front-end developers, both web and mobile, to get them the data they need (and fast!); and collaborate with our community and product designers to implement awesome features in the smartest possible way. Email us at email@example.com.
- You have 2+ years of experience writing clean, understandable code. (We’re a Ruby on Rails shop, so Rails experience is a huge plus.)
- You have built and supported a RESTful API, and you have opinions about best practices when implementing a RESTful architecture.
- You have experience working with relational databases and can read raw SQL. (We use MySQL and Redis.)
- You know your way around the Unix command line.
- You have experience with Apache or Nginx.
- You can make things hum, knowing when to sweat milliseconds and when not to. You have experience with caching.
- You’re eager to try out ideas and push code every day. (We iterate rapidly here and deploy continuously.)
- You know that simple, sustainable systems win and that adding a new feature sometimes means refactoring old code. You code fast today, but are always laying groundwork so the whole team can code fast tomorrow.
- You can work with a big code base with other developers (we use Git) and communicate that work with both technical and non-technical folks.